Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Tutorial Tips: Team Rogers

Okay so I drew both teams from Captain America: Civil War (i know it won't probably be who is on both teams) So I have done a bunch of drawings that I don't think I could repeat exactly but I want to give some tips so I am starting a new section called tutorial tips. Remember that these are just guidelines and I would say yours should not look like a carbon copy of mine. Make it yours.
Okay here is Team Rogers



















Okay so you see Antman, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye and Falcon on the first page. Bucky, Sharon Carter and Captain America. If you check out my website The Imperfect Artist you will see some bigger drawings of these guys so here are some tips. Some will be for individual characters some will be for the drawing in general

  1. Try to space out the project: So I draw big usually. So I had to space out the characters to figure out where to put each one. 
  2. Make sure to add the key features: I drew them so it is a little not fair but I see the shield so that is Captain America. The bow and arrow must be hawkeye, energy must be scarlet witch, wings must be falcon and antennas must be antman. 
  3. A little less detail: So I do not have great fine motor skills so I really tried to ptu in details. But these are not close up drawings therefore you don't need every detail.
  4. Cartoon vs Movie: So I am a quick drawer. Therefore most of what I do is cartoon. However some people might prefer making them look like the actors.
  5. I would start big first for the most part: Once you have drawn something big and know where the details are then it is easier to draw it small.
  6. Have fun with Sharon Carter: So you should have fun with all these characters but Sharon Carter has not been in a movie yet. So while the actress has been seen in pictures it gives you more creative leeway. 
Okay here are some tips for each character

  1. Antman: Make sure you have the antennas. Make the details especially the torso simple. Work on the mask
  2. Scarlet Witch: Add the energy balls it is such an easy thing that adds a really cool effect. Also, I said this with my scarlet witch tutorial tips but adding jewelry details is a next touch.
  3. Hawkeye: Use layers, draw the bow before the hand.  Opposite of antman in that most of his details are in his torso. 
  4. Falcon: Divide the wings into 3 parts and make sure the wings go under the arms. This one could take a while has a lot of detail.
  5. Bucky Barnes: Use the same star that you use  on Captain America's shield. This one should be simple. 
  6. Sharon Carter: She is not Scarlet Witch's twin. Be creative
  7. Captain America: I would suggest either going real or cartoon. Add the things that Captain America is known for (the A on his mask, the star on his chest and the shield.)
I hope this helps. Let me know if this inspires you or if you have any questions and have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment