Wednesday, April 27, 2016

8 NFL Draft Thoughts

Instead of doing a normal NFL draft preview with lists and rankings I am going to tell you some of my thoughts also remember I watch a lot of college football so some of it is based on what I have . seen.
  • Myles Jack is my guy. I don't care if he is hurt if I think he is healthy I am drafting him.
  • The Big 10 Powers are weird: I am talking about two schools: Michigan State and Ohio State. At Michigan State Shilique Calhoun and Jack Conklin were both supposed to be top picks (Conklin is supposed to still be a top pick) but neither of them are getting hype. Ohio State is even weirder, every day it is like a new person is the best player. One day it is Ezekiel Elliott then the next day it is Eli Apple, then it is Braxton Miller (who by most rankings was in the 70's yet I heard talk he might be drafted in the first round. I am missing someone big oh yeah: Joey Bosa. It is weird Bosa is supposed to be one of the best 5 players and yet nobody is talking about him.
  • The Ravens will get a really good player at number 6: According to most people there are 4 players that are the best assuming they are all healthy: Myles Jack, Joey Bosa, Laremy Tunsil and Jalen Ramsey. If the first two picks are quarterbacks then that means one of the best 4 players will fall into the Raven's lap. At the beginning of the draft Ozzie Newsome always picks the best player available. 
  • Paxton Lynch should go number 8: Oh wait first add a 2 in front of the add and add one more to the 8. If Paxton Lynch is a first round pick he should go at number 29 to the Cardinals. Lynch needs some development and Carson Palmer still has a few years left. 
  • Jalen Ramsey is special: I haven't heard a skill player talked about like this since Calvin Johnson. Say no more
  • But Vernon Hargreaves is not a bad consolation prize: He is still a very good cornerback Ramsey is special but Hargreaves is still worthy of a high first round picik. 
  • Wide Receivers are weird: Like the Ohio State and Michigan State thing every wide receiver has been talked about at being very good but nobody is worthy of a top pick.
  • Lastly two sleepers: Vernon Adams the QB from Oregon and Eric Striker the LB from Oklahoma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment