Sunday, April 10, 2016

How to find inspiration to draw something

So sometimes when you are really down it is hard to get going with anything. Anyone who has been in this spot knows what this is like. So I am going to use drawing as an example but it really could go to anything.

  • Find stuff that you like: I like cartoons, sports and animals and so when I am down that is what I usually look towards drawing
  • Look at what is going on around you: So last week Kris Jenkins hit the game winning jumper in the National Championship game so I immediately thought that that would be cool to draw. 
  • Don't make it perfect: If you already beat yourself up for things beating yourself up over a skill trying to help you well that is just not the idea. As long as it looks good to you well that is what matters. 
  • Don't show it to people who you know will knock you down: Part of mental health, and this is extremely hard, is knowing when to go to certain people and when not to. Some people just aren't as empathetic as others and so it won't mean a lot. However, there will be some people that will be proud. 
  • Go with the flow: If you only want to do one drawing great, if you want to do 70 that is great too.
  • If you are going to use it as a skill it actually needs to be used that way: This is WAY easier said than done. But, if you are trying to use something as a skill than you can't ruminate.
  • Enjoy it: It is scientifically shown that if you smile it makes you happier. So even if you are not happy just try to smile. 
This is not easy but I hope that this might help people. This definitely could apply for music as well. Also, I am going to try to write an article or blog post every day with themes for each day. I will not use alliteration every day. But, I do like it. 
Is there something you think I should write about let me know.
I wanted to do skills Sunday because I hope it might help someone over the long week. Also if there is anybody who has writing something they think will help feel free to submit it my goal is to help people and I know other people think differently which is great because it might get to someone who I am not getting to so let me know or submit an article. Especially if you are like I have an article I really want to write but I don't want to write a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment