Monday, April 18, 2016

Tutorial Tips: Scarlet Witch

So I have done a bunch of drawings that I don't think I could repeat exactly but I want to give some tips so I am starting a new section called tutorial tips. Remember that these are just guidelines and I would say yours should not look like a carbon copy of mine. Make it yours. This time I am showing scarlet witch from the avengers.
Okay so here are some tips for drawing this (one of my favorite drawings)
  1. With Falcon I said don't focus on the details. With Scarlet Witch I say the opposite. Compared to a lot of superheroes (Ultron, Loki, Iron Man, Vision among others) Scarlet Witch doesn't have that many details. The earrings, jewelry, sleeve placement and coat should all be in there. As well as the rings.
  2. Try with the hands: So I used a specific picture but it is really cool when the fingers look bent and such.
  3. Keep the hair simple. Drawing for me is about keeping it simple and emphasizing the details used. So I emphasize the hair line divide but I didn't put anything really odd in the hair. 
  4. Know your proportions but be flexible: So I was going to do a whole body but I drew the head to big. But when I saw how much I liked it I didn't try to squeeze the legs in.
  5. The energy makes this drawing: The little circles around her hands. Well it the movies she releases energy. Adding that adds a really cool touch.
Let me know if there are any drawings that you want me to give tutorial tips and send me a copy if you try this or you are inspired to try scarlet witch in general!



No comments:

Post a Comment