Friday, April 15, 2016

Thing of The Day: April 15th

Hi everybody,
There has been a lack of articles the last few days for a good reason: I decided that I should write quality over quantity so I might not write an article every day. I will try to write either sports articles or mental health articles quite often though and there will always be a thing of the day.
I think sometimes things are important to sports are really important to the whole world. Today is Jackie Robinson day.
Even if you are not a sports fan there is a good chance you have heard of Jackie Robinson as he was one of the most important people in the civil rights movement.
As some people know I criticize sports leagues a lot. But I also do tip my cap (I mean this is a baseball article) where credit is due. MLB does an absolutely great job with Jackie Robinson day.
Hopefully someday the amount of African Americans in the Majors will rise up again. However, Robinson still has a huge impact on the players, because he really opened the door for Latino players as well. So players like Roberto Clemente, Juan Marichal, Mariano Rivera and Pedro Martinez and many others might have not been able to play if it wasn't for Jackie Robinson. Also, if it weren't for him we might have never seen players like Hank Aaron, Derek Jeter, Willie Mays, Andre Dawson, Ken Griffey Jr and many others.
So even if you are not a baseball fan please take a second today to realize what an impact Jackie Robinson had in general. Also, if you are a baseball fan I would try to listen to some of the players today. Hear them talk about what an honor it is to wear #42 today.
Have a good day everybody. I have a feeling I will be writing a sports article later today. But, tomorrow I will definitely be writing a very important article.

No comments:

Post a Comment