Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Thing of The Day April 12th How I felt the Bern

I want to make something clear: This is NOT a political blog. This article has NOTHING to do with my political views or the political views of Bernie Sanders. However, a Bernie Sanders rally really stressed me out and made a number of peoples lives miserable.
So I guess right now is the time that political candidates comes to my city. Hilary Clinton was here on Friday and Bernie Sanders is here today. Donald Trump was here Sunday. (I also want to make it clear Clinton was at the same location Friday afternoon but I am not there in the afternoons).
So I have an early class Tuesdays and Thursdays and I am driving. My drive is usually a very easy one. Today was a disaster. First of all it was very clear that people did not know where they were going. People were making u-turns in places u-turns should not be made, there were so many dangerous maneuvers by people.
But the worst part was that a lot of people who are students, meaning they go there every Tuesday were late for class and had trouble getting in. Oh by the way we are the ones that have parking permits to the parking lots that we couldn't get into.
Look I understand I have anxiety and most people would probably just let it go but to me it was unacceptable. We do the Buffalo Bills camp and major golf tournaments here and there is a shuttle. Why wasn't there a shuttle? My professor said that people started coming at 5:30. No student is coming at 5:30 for an 8 am class.
So basically this rally disrupted a lot of peoples days and we don't have a choice. Like look I understand these rallies are hard anywhere but let's take a big city for example. If it is in the middle of a big city there are other ways to get around it. They might not be convenient but there are other ways.
The point is the event at least the parking plan sucked. I am actually going to email a link of this to the Sanders campaign and ask for a comment.
Look I am not asking for a perfect plan but this was run so badly. I hope that they change the way these events are organized.
Later I will have another article about what to do if someone is having a panic attack and tomorrow the thing of the day will be really positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment