Tuesday, May 10, 2016

It really does suck but

Having BPD (or any mental illness for that matter) absolutely sucks.
You get really stressed over lots of things. You can't see in the middle, everything is black and white. Your feelings are always extreme. Relationships (of any kind are extremely hard) oh and by the way you never asked for it. People are always saying things like everybody has problemsm or really stupid things like toughen up or males don't ask for help.
Living with mental illness is never something I asked for. Mental illness is something I was born with. Every piece of advice is easier said than done. My "job" is probably harder than yours. Because it is controlling my thoughts and I can't swipe out or take a 9 to 5 shift. I can't control my body for the most part. The easiest way to say it is: It sucks and it is really hard. Some people will see radical acceptance and think that I will be saying that is the solution. Radical acceptance is saying I can't control it but I have to get through it anyway.  Anybody who thinks that is what I am going to say will first think I am crazy I am not a fan of radical acceptance. But I am ABSOLUTELY NOT going to say that.
BUT,
It is what it is. And life is really hard. The negativity is t here a lot. So all I ask is anybody with depression, anxiety or BPD in particular all I say is this: if there is something positive then embrace it. Don't think about when it is going to end or who is going to mess it up. Just grab it and hold on to it.
I have had a really hard time lately. But, there are some really really good and exciting things coming up and honestly it is more fun embracing those things that letting the negative things cling onto you.

I don't know why I want to write this now. But, I feel that while people don't know how hard it is for people that embracing the positives is something everyone can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment