Monday, May 23, 2016

My first comic

Hi everybody so I drew my first comic "strip" today. It was actually on a five by seven canvas panel and I learned that drawing people small is really hard for me. This is something everyone can relate to but especially people with BPD or anyone who has a problem with negative self talk
So just so everybody can read it. The top says different does not equal freak. The first two characters say I am a freak and then the second character says no you aren't silly ducky. Then the second part is her punching out the bad thoughts and worries and while this was totally an accident everything gets bigger showing an increase in confidence. It was her idea for me to draw comics in general (I came up with this specific one) but all the words are from her as I asked what I should say if I am thinking I am a freak.
First I want to say this is easier said then done. I also have to give a shout out to one of my best friends. While she doesn't punch me literally she is always lifting me up. 
For people with BPD most of you know how hard it is not to say bad things about yourself. Also, a lot of people with BPD have problems with extreme. Just remember that being different does not make you a freak. It might make you more amazing. Also realize that thoughts are not always valid. Again I know this is so much harder in the moment. But it is so important too. I hope this helps people even if it is just getting through a bad time. Even it it is just laughing at how weird these characters look. Have a great night and tomorrow I have a really cool article planned explaining why I love drawing superheroes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment