Thursday, September 29, 2016

Thing of the Day College football preview

Hi everybody I hope you have had a good week here are some of my thoughts and preview for this week in college football

  • Les Miles being fired to me it is both confusing and fascinating. First , of all if you were going to fire him why didn't you just do it at the end of last year? But to me there are two other factors. First, I do believe Les Miles will get another coaching opportunity. I  did not realize that he was an offensive coach before he became a head coach he did not coach defenses. However, I think Miles will coach again. The other factor is that I hope LSU has a plan of some sort. Obviously they won't just rush and hire a coach but they need to hire somebody that is good because otherwise there is no point in firing Les Miles. Some guys that stand out to me (this is not from reading anything else): Brent Venables, Lincoln Riley, Tom Herman or John Chavis. I really don't think they are going to get a huge name like Urban Meyer or Nick Saban. 
  • Everyone has their opinion on what is the most important thing to be a good team. To me there is one thing that stands above the rest: You have to know how to finish games.  Look at Ole Miss or Florida. Speaking of Florida...
Thoughts from last week's games
  • I know that Tennessee won but it should not a celebration that is too big. Florida basically collapsed. I really am not that impressed with Tennessee. 
  • Stanford knows how to get the job done. They might not put up lots of points or be super exciting outside of Christian Mccaffrey but boy they are good.
  • Just like Tennessee Nebraska should not be celebrating. I watched that game and while I hate to admit it Nebraska should have creamed Northwestern. 
  • Wisconsin looked really impressive
This Weeks Games to Watch: Stanford-Washington, Michigan Wisconsin, Tennessee-Georgia and Clemson-Louisville 

No comments:

Post a Comment