Sunday, September 4, 2016

Daniel's Observations from College Football Week 1 (So Far)

So after week one here are some of my thoughts (I fell a sleep really early

  • Alabama did what they do every opening week of the season: Every year Alabama seem to play a big opponent and blow them out. I am not saying I am a Alabama fan but I was impressed
  • Lets give Wisconsin some CREDIT: Look LSU did not play well but it is not like Wisconsin decided lets try to lose the game and LSU gave it to them Wisconsin took it. Speaking of that...
  • What Josh Boutte did was totally unacceptable but hold your horses or I guess Tigers: I saw what Boutte did in live action which you can see here, But I have seen things about let's suspend him for the season. So I looked up his profile this guy made honor roll he is not a bad person he got an emotional impulse. Should he get suspended? YES HE SHOULD. But not the  whole season because I feel this is a guy that will redeem himself if he hasn't already. But kuddos to to the refs for calling flagrant calls on that and this call here. But saying that
  • Nebraska made a class act: Sam Foltz died in a car crash. So on the first punt they took a delay of game and did not send a punter out there. Sports is important. People are more important and I salute every person whose idea this was or who participated. Fresno State declined the penalty: I know people are like that is what they should do but I have seen so many times where people should be class acts and weren't. So I am saying credit to both of them. 
  • Biggest cause of ulcers: Being a Northwestern fan I don't know what happened but that was a weird ending
  • Houston is for real: I don't like to brag which means I will be doing that I picked Houston and they were phenomenal the best part? Greg Ward was good but it wasn't Greg Ward it was everyone else
  • Kuddos to Texas A&M and UCLA: They played a hard game and it wasn't one of the big TV games 
  • I am prescribing a set of chill pills to all Michigan State fans: You don't have to worry right now. Every year there first game is close and with Michigan and Ohio creaming MSU fans are probably like oh no. But Michigan State doesn't play a high flying offense they can win convincingly without a blowout
  • Can we just all like James Connor: I don't care that he is playing football because I think his story is so much more than that
My conclusion: This week was supposed to be the most hyped first week ever and it is not done yet. But to me it is more than that. This weekend was about Mike Sadler (who died in the car accident), Jayme Taylor who had to retire from football, Sam Foltz, and James Connor. It showed about the people not the game and it showed there are some really really really good people in this game. Also for anyone who says I am crazy remember Josh Boutte is 22. Raise your hand if you didn't do something stupid wehn you were 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment