Saturday, September 10, 2016

My thoughts on World Suicide Prevention Day 2016

So I thought about whether I should write about  World Suicide Prevention Day. I have been through a lot but I also I don't know exactly how to say it.
It is still another day. It is great that there is a day for awareness but it is still one day.
For people going through hard times: Realize that this day is great but it doesn't mean that people don't care about on other days. Don't go to up (to me it is better to be balanced) and don't go too down.  Understand that people don't always know how to slow down or how to help sometimes they are having more issues than you think. Sometimes it is just hard.
Second, I hope that there are more treatment centers and facilities to help out people. It should not be punishment to be in one of these places. Like I know it won't be a country club with free food, a game room and shuffleboard, but it needs to be a place of positivity.
For people that have friends or families of people suffering: First, for Americans, did you know in some countries if you ask how are you? then you are expected to have a conversation with them. I am not saying that can happen every time but don't just hear good and assume that it is good.
Realize that doctors can be a big help. Also, realize that if you refer a person they might be upset. Also realize the first one might not be the best. Also, realize that if a person gets medicines it doesn't just start right away. It takes awhile to get into the system
Lastly, remember that the smallest thing can make the biggest difference.
So what is my point of this? Celebrate this day but realize it is another day. Getting through any day is a huge achievement whether people around you say it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment