Thursday, October 6, 2016

Thing of the Day: 5 Mental health things to remember

Hi everybody I hope you are enjoying your Thursday.
I have been thinking of some stuff and I thought others might be thinking it too to get some tips.
I am not saying it is this easy or that it will apply to everybody. Anyway here are some things to remember

  • Control vs no-control: So what I mean is there are some things you can't control and there are some things you can. I mean more for your health in your body not as much the outside world. A panic attack is one example that first wave you can't control but the second wave well it is at least possible to control. 
  • Words are so important: So first of all tone in general but also the words you use can decide to use is so important. Example: You get sick and can't go to the movies. One way to say it is I am messed up or this happens to me all the time or it is my fault. The other way to say it is that I am taking care of myself. This is so hard and I am not saying that it is easy or that I do it all the time.
  • Don't assume: Don't assume it is your fault. Don't assume that they will be upset. Just understand that sometimes things happen but also being honest while hard is helpful because things won't build up.
  • Don't tell your friends everything: If you tell people everything that is basically saying I need you to validate me. One of my favorite feelings is when I know I am doing something really good and nobody realizes it. 
  • Lastly, some things happen not because of your mental health: Always remember you are human. A lot of these things happen to lots of people. Maybe not as often or not to the extreme but remember that lots of people go through or have struggles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment